Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dressed to Impress

It has to be said. I'm the thinnest I've been in a long time.. and I'm hoping to be "thinner" still at the Cup- so I'm not DREADING the dress try-on'capade as I usually am. Though a deeper tan would help assist- and maybe hair that didn't immediately look like straw in dressing room light- but for once I won't look semi-pregnant.... I don't think. I mean, I KNOW I won't be semi-pregnant, but will I look it?........ Well, now I'm just nervous again.

The only dress fit for the Cup is a Lilly. Don't ask me why, but if you're Southern, and I am- Lilly is the end-all answer to the "Who are you wearing?" come Cup-time. The patterns are beautiful, the fabric is not so super thin it's going to shrink or tear, or just crapout on you after 2 wears- it's quality. But it's not so thick that you're wearing essentially a cardboard box all day long. It's worth the spending. I don't know that I dare post the dressing room runway show I had the other day in assorted Lilly designs. But I will post a few samples from their website.... I can say with *been there, done that* certainty, the seer-sucker *ruffle at the top* job-ie did wonders for my *lack o' bust* and was just so cute. So "Cup!"


I like a pattern though- so the salsa, the ham delight, the drink, the dip- the WHATEVER I inevitably drop on myself, doesn't show up so bad. HOWEVER, on the the other hand, a solid dress allows more room to do a funky shoe if you will..... the quandary. Lovell Shift in Lilly's Pink Tiger Lilly www.lillypulitzer.com
Betsey Dress Bonanza in Lemon Sorbet Lilly in the Leaves www.lillypulitzer.com
Betsey Dress in True Navy www.lillypulitzer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment